Jal Jeevan Mission 2022: Pure Water is Very necessary for Healthy and Better life. Jal Jeevan Mission is Visualize to Provide safe and Sufficient Drinking water to Individual Household Tap Connection by 2024 to each and Every Household in rural India. The Har Ghar Nal Se Jal programme was announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in her Budget 2019-20 speech. This programme forms a crucial part of the Jal Jeevan Mission.
Jal Jeevan Mission 2022: Read Now
Jal Jeevan Mission 2022
- States/ UTs in planning of participatory rural water supply strategy for ensuring potable drinking water security on long-term basis to every rural household and public institution, viz. GP building, School, Anganwadi centre, Health centre, wellness centres, etc.
- States/ UTs for creation of water supply infrastructure so that every rural household has Functional Tap Connection (FHTC) by 2024 and water in adequate quantity of prescribed quality is made available on regular basis.
- States/ UTs to plan for their drinking water security
- GPs/ rural communities to plan, implement, manage, own, operate and maintain their own in-village water supply systems
- States/ UTs to develop robust institutions having focus on service delivery and financial sustainability of the sector by promoting utility approach
- Capacity building of the stakeholders and create awareness in community on significance of water for improvement in quality of life
- In making provision and mobilization of financial assistance to States/ UTs for implementation of the mission.
Jal Jeevan Mission 2022: Objective
- The main Objective Of this Mission is Functional Household Tap Connection.
- To Provide Pure an Drinking Water in the schools, Anganwadi centers, GP Building, Heath Centers, Wellness centers, and community Building.
- To monitor Functionality Of Tap Connection.
- To promote and ensure voluntary ownership among local community by way of contribution in cash, kind and/ or labour and voluntary labour (shramdaan)
- To assist in ensuring sustainability of water supply system, i.e. water source, water supply infrastructure, and funds for regular O&M
- To empower and develop human resource in the sector such that the demands of construction, plumbing, electrical, water quality management, water treatment, catchment protection, O&M, etc. are taken care of in short and long term
- To bring awareness on various aspects and significance of safe drinking water and involvement of stakeholders in manner that make water everyone’s business
Jal Jeevan Mission 2022: Components
- Efforts should be made to source funds from different sources/ programmes and convergence is the key.
- Development in village Piped Water supply Infrastructure to Provide tap water Connection to rural Household.
- Development Of Reliable Drinking Water.
- Augmentation of existing sources to provide long-term sustainability of water supply system.
- bulk water transfer, treatment plants and distribution network to cater to every rural household
- Support activities, i.e. IEC, HRD, training, development of utilities, water quality laboratories, water quality testing & surveillance, R&D, knowledge center, capacity building of communities, etc.
Official Website: Click Here
What is the main objective of Jal Jeevan Mission?
Jal Jeevan Mission, is envisioned to provide safe and adequate drinking water through individual household tap connections by 2024 to all households in rural India.
What is the duration of the Jal Jeevan Mission Programme?
It was proposed to achieve the goal by 2030, coinciding with the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals. But now, it is has been planned to achieve the goal by 2024 through Jal Jeevan Mission.